24 August 2010

On My Honor

Watch out people, I've agreed to become a Troop Leader for Sweet Girl's Daisy Girl Scout Troop. I have reached a new level of momhood. I will lead a Troop of 15 5/6 year olds.

Was this by choice?
Well yes and no.

I wanted Sweet Girl to be part of Girl Scouts, I was a Girl Scout when I was younger and still remember the fun I had, even a few years later when I put on my uniform that was 4 sizes too small and decided it was a good idea to roller skate down the street in it but I digress that is another story for another day. I wanted her to join to help her make more friends, gain some more confidence and experience new and fun things (hoping she never does the rollerskating bit). And the Troop was full. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't, but that's what I was told. I think maybe she said that to lay the groundwork for the next guilt inducing comment to the effect of 'The biggest issue in starting new Troops so all the girls can experience Girl Scouts is adult leadership. Would you be interested in volunteering?"

Ah see I got suckered, and I know it. Maybe it was all the cookie selling practice they have? Who knows. Or maybe I just give in to guilt to easily.

So I suckered convinced one of Sweet Girl's friends mom to join me on the journey of molding the minds of 5/6 year old girls and preparing them to be the best damn Daisy Troop ever.

It will be fun.
What the hell was I thinking?
It will be fun.
OMG, how much stuff do I have to know?
What the hell was I thinking?
It will be fun.
It will be fun.
I'm doing it for Sweet Girl.
Damnit to hell if she decides to drop out, no way she's doing that.
It will be fun.

These are my thoughts the past few weeks leading up to our first ever meeting. That meeting hasn't happened yet, so officially I could still bail but I won't. I'm doing it. And I'm going to have fun.

1 comment:

Michele said...

You will do great! I do think it a lot to take on, but worth it.
I still giggle at the roller skating story. You told me that on our trip to getting the girl scout outfit for Halloween once... :)