Here are some of the highlights:
- Kids had a great time playing by the creek, getting dirty and having fun.
- Kids slept great in the tent.
- We had AWESOME weather, can I tell you how elated I was to wear jeans AND a sweatshirt in JUNE??
- We climbed some rocks and saw spectacular views.
- We saw a famous movie spot and we were dorks and took pictures. (From National Lampoons Vacation - the spot where they are somewhere in Arizona and Clark slams on the brakes and they almost fly off a cliff - Yep it's in Sedona! And we watched the movie to verify and sure enough the exact spot we took pics is in the movie!)
- We met new people, and found a new game we liked (its' Bananagrams, check it out it's fun!)
- There were no farm animals waking me up at all hours. No roosters or cows!
Some of the not so fun parts:
- The bathrooms made me gag. There are few things that make me actually gag, and this bathroom was one of them.
- I forgot the pillows.
- The first night I think I got 2 hours of sleep total, probably because I forgot the pillows and I've seen too many horror movies.
Would I do it again? Yes and I'm looking forward to it. It was great to be outdoors and relax and let the kids play in the dirt and have fun. Time to plan the next one!