28 May 2010

Run Run Run

I've been following the Couch to 5K running plan in an effort to work in some cardio to help assist my weight loss. I like to run so this was the perfect plan to get me back into it. The plan is 9 weeks to get you to running 30 mins without stopping. It starts out slow and does run/walk intervals.

I'm on week 3. It's a 3 day cycle, but I have made mine 5. My runs are every day Monday - Friday with rest on Saturday and Sunday. This is the first week I went up to 5 days and really I think it has helped. I haven't been sore and the runs have been easier, which helps my confidence because I'm kind of afraid of weeks 4 and 5.

I have a mantra that runs through my head as I run: I'm lighter, I'm stronger. And if I get really tired and am ready to stop running before the time, I imagine my fat cells exploding and giving my tired legs extra fuel.

Sounds corny I know, but it works. So laugh if you want, I really don't care.

I have tried running at different times of the day, first thing in the morning, which didn't work out too well. Late at night after my session with the trainer, again not to well. So far the only time I've found that I can run easily is around 10 AM. I didn't eat anything before the morning run so maybe I'll try again after eating a banana or something. Usually I walk in the morning before eating, since I always heard that walking first thing is supposed to help you burn more fat since it's using your fat as fuel. Well I have a lot of fat so I should be able to walk a damn marathon first thing in the morning. My legs need to be sucking that fat away as I walk and run.

I've read some other blogs that are blogging about their experience with the plan. I will update my progress as well on mine.

Today is day 4 of 5 on Week 3. Monday will be day 5 and then Tuesday begins Week 4.

Ready to run too? Run with me!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I am trying to run 3 miles a few times a week. It about kills me thanks to all the damn hills in this town. A friend of mine and I are doing a mini triathalon in July. After you accomplish your 5K goal you should look into one in your area. When I say 'mini' I mean mini.

LarryG said...

very Cool!
that's a great program.
Way to go !