11 March 2010

Phases I Am Not Ready For

The last month has been a roller coaster for me. My Sweet Girl is growing up. I don't think I'm ready for this, not at all. Not.At.All. No.



It started with Kindergarten registration, and even though she is in Kindergarten at her current day care, where she is learning an immense amount of stuff. More then I expected actually. I had to go register her at a "real" school. A big, big school. With real classrooms and bigger kids. A cafeteria and playground. Whoa. Too Much. And this on top of the do we go the first grade route vs. Kindergarten has put me over the edge. I actually had major anxiety going into that school. I am not ready for her to be there. Ugh. Sigh. Growing up.



Then we moved her from a car seat to a booster. She wears a seat belt. An adult seat belt. What? Seriously? I was just carrying you in the infant carrier and now you're in a booster seat wearing an actual seat belt? Getting yourself in and out without much needed assistance.



How did this happen? Rhetorical question. I know HOW it happen and WHY it happened but that doesn't mean I'm READY for it to happen. I never thought I would be THAT parent, the one who cried or got all emotional when their kid went to school. But I am turning into that parent.

Ugh. I'm not ready for this growing up business. And another thing I'm not ready for, loose teeth. The thought of dealing with that is just too much (and really just grosses me out for some reason) and I really have no desire to be on point for that one! I think Leo gets Loose Tooth duty!

6 comments:

Basha's Mama said...

I about lost it when I toured one of the magnet schools too. I too, thought I'd be a relaxed parent when it came to kindergarden. After all my kids have been in daycare all this time. But I saw the "big" things and thought of my "small" child and fought tears the whole time I was in there. Really it was like touring daycare for the first time. We're still waiting to hear from one of the schools and I'm just trying to prepare myself emotionally for it all.

Crystal said...

Awww...it'll be OK momma. :)

My little Monkey starts Kindergarten this year too...but she's the 3rd child I've sent off to Kindergarten - so I'm getting a little more used to it.

I have not however sent a child off to High School - and that is happening in just 1.5 short school years. That is freaking me the H-E-double hockey sticks, OUT.

They grow up so fast - and we all were THAT mom. It should get a little easier with Little Man.

And yes, loose teeth are gross.

Amanda P. said...

I remember when we were trying to fiure out how the baby sling worked for her first trip to opry mills...I can't believe it's time for kindergarten!

K. Messerly said...

I'm right there with ya' in the loose-teeth-are-just-gross category. I imagine my kids would have loose teeth dangling by threads till they swallowed them with a spoonful of pudding if I were a single parent---'cause I ain't gonna' touch 'em!

The Redhead Riter said...

Before you know it she will be almost 17.

Friday Follow ♥

Kelly said...

Aww. I'm not ready either! No matter what they are our babies.