22 September 2009

Really? Croup? Now?

I gotta tell you our luck with vacations and sickness make for great blog topics. I get a call from day care about Little Man. I kind of figured I would actually. Sunday we took him to the pediatric urgent care because he sounded really chest congested and had a random bark cough. I knew that cough, but it wasn't consistent. He only coughed once on Sunday but still in an effort to ward off anything bad we headed out to the urgent care. And of course by the time we get there he sounds fine, no congestion nothing. I probably looked like an idiot going in there.

Yesterday morning he wakes up the same way. So I knew the call might be coming. And it did, right after nap. They call to tell me he can't breath and he is making horrible noises. I call the doc and make an appt and head to the school to get him.

So he has croup, and he had the stridor part so bad during the day he got a shot of steroids at the doc. He didn't like that. And steroids cranked him all up, he was running around last night at 9:30 and trying to help me pack. So now we have some of Leo's socks in kids bag. And Leo has ALOT of socks...

But he slept good and is at home with me today. He sounds better so that's good. Hopefully by the time we get to Disney everyone will be sick free.

3 comments:

San Diego Momma said...

Hope everyone is better soon! Disney here you come!

Angela said...

You do have a knack for sickness at the most inopportune times. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. 40" is the magic height for the rides so you should have so much fun.

Crystal said...

Awww...I'm sorry to hear about Little Man's croup. :( We all had the sickies last week, but they fortunately didn't last very long. I bought those DanActive Immunity booster things, and me and the girls drank one a day for a couple days.

AND - if you get time, I tagged you with an award on my bloggy-poo. :) (I'm feeling kind of weird today - so just roll with that last statement)