06 January 2010

Apparently Fall Comes In January

Well I walked outside yesterday to get the mail and low and behold it was fall. Apparently fall comes in January in the Phoenix area. There were leaves on the ground and falling off the trees. So I guess I did get a fall just not at a normal time and without out the nice color. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I keep wondering if I can make my own fall here in the backyard, if I planted a bunch of maple trees would they survive the summer and eventually change colors and drop their leaves? I've wondered and considered sneaking a few out there next to the palm trees to see. That would sure make the neighbors happy a bunch of falling leaves all over their yards. Or my luck the gardener would yank up the trees thinking they were weeds!

As everyone in TN is preparing for snow and dealing with frigid temps we're sitting here comfortably with temps in the high 60's low 70's. Not too bad.

No comments: