25 March 2008

The Lasagna That Killed The Microwave

Well I was going to post about Easter and a cute pic of the bunny cake I made before the rotavirus hit me. But I haven't unloaded said picture off the camera so instead you get to hear more about my trials and tribulations that have plagued us here in the desert.
The microwave is dead. Do you really realize how you rely on that nice piece of modern technology? I didn't really give it much thought until I had to make the "Easy Mac" on the stove top...
Yes I cooked a frozen lasagna ( and yes it was made for the microwave, so don't think I put one of those metal pan jobs in there) and now it's dead. So dead that the service man said "I don't know you'll have to have GE come out". Great. We have a home warranty so it only cost $55 to have the first guy come out and we won't get charged again for the GE people to come out. I'm sure the extra charge will come in if they have to replace this appliance. And really "dead" is not the right term, the clock and timer still work, it's just main purpose is not working. So I have a huge, stainless clock/timer over my stovetop.
Stay away from the Michelangelo's Frozen Lasagna.

And while I'm on the topic of extremely useful but broken appliances...one of our air conditioner units is also broken. Service man has been called for that as well. Surprisingly it's been about 88 degrees and it's not unbearable in that part of the house. The luck of no humidity.

I'm not really complaining, I'm just seriously on the verge of total mental breakdown. You know how when your kids are so tired they're giddy? Well that's how I feel right now. So I'm just going to keep going. My dishwasher is totally retarded. It works at least (knocking the hell out of the wood table next to me), but the racks are stupid in their loading organization, mostly because some of the tines are broken. And the top rack falls off the track when you pull it out so it's only time before a whole rack of glasses and bowls come crashing down on a hopefully empty bottom rack. I've even resorted to reviewing the manual! Oh the fun I'm having. Fun Fun Fun.

Happy Valley is flooded right now, by the way.

No comments: