03 February 2009

How Did You Know?

How did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up? I still don't know. I know it's not what I'm doing. I know I couldn't stay home full time as a mom either, and I think the kids like to get out of the house and go to school.
But I don't know what I want to do. I am sure every time Leo hears me say 'You know what I would like to do' he internally rolls his eyes. Because I've said it as many times as I've purchased weight loss stuff. Truth is I don't know what I want to do. I can tell you things that interest me, but not sure how and if they would translate into any sort of job or anything like that. And since there are so many things that interest me I can't just try something and if it doesn't work out move on to the next thing.

I actually do like providing good customer service, not really dealing with the public like at a customer service desk. But being a point person of sorts to help clients with problems, issues and project coordination. I think sometimes I would like to be wedding or event planner.

I like homemade cards, stationary and the photobooks. Pretty much the Heritage Makers thing. I think I would enjoy owning a stationary and cool gifts store.

And the list could go on. It's just getting from point A to B. And to be successful AND to allow me the time to spend with the kids and Leo. I guess I'm probably just asking too much.

1 comment:

Basha's Mama said...

I'm still asking myself that question too. When I was working on my Master's degree I felt so idiotic because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it while everyone else had such grand plans. I absolutely love my job right now but I definitely don't want to do it for another 35 years and the thought of climbing up the administration ladder is no longer appealing. Why deal with more crap? I wonder about going back for more education but I'm not really into being a student either. I just hold onto hope that the right opportunities open at the right time.