16 February 2009

How To Make Yourself Feel Old

Go play in the snow. Hike up a hill carrying a sled and a kid in a snowsuit. Then torture your own body as you get on the sled and go down the hill, that lucky for you has a few ramps in it that make you get air and slam you down into packed snow so you roll over a few times. And then you do it again...and again. Then you go home and after you relax for a few minutes you realize just how much your body hurts from this adventure. And add on the fact that Leo and I had to shovel through almost 4 feet of packed snow to make a trail to get from the street to the house. It was my workout for the weekend! And it was worth it. Despite my bruised arm and sore body I had an awesome time. It was great and I would do again.

The kids had a good time in the snow. They did have fun going down the smaller hill that didn't have the aforementioned ramps. They had a smooth ride down. They made snow angels and threw snowballs. Then we came home and had hot chocolate.

And that was my fun weekend!

3 comments:

stephanie said...

That sounds like a pleasant kind of old :D

Anonymous said...

Fun times. Pictures please.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I really love this post...funny and I want pics too :)