19 January 2009

Back In The Saddle

So I'm back to the gym probably at least five times a week. Three days with a trainer and two days on my own. I took my hiatus from working out in November and was just so frustrated with the whole thing that I pretty much gave up.
But now I'm at it again. I am signing up for a 5K in April so hopefully that keeps my motivation strong. And I have my sister in laws wedding in May. I'm eating much better then before and not really cutting anything out of my diet, simply making better choices and not eating quite as much. But really watching my fat intake, OK so I've cut bad fat out of my diet as in no more fast food or fried entrees. I think I can handle this, but if you make me give up all my carbs then I'm out. But I don't have to so that's good for me.
My goal is still 30 lbs so we'll see how it goes. If I can just lose it I think I'll have no problem maintaining the loss. I've done pretty good maintaining my current weight for the past two years. So I'm good at that part!!
I've asked Leo to hide the scale, since I am a daily obsessive weigher and this is probably not good for me. I think it makes me feel worse because I really don't understand how a person who didn't eat an excessive amount of food can gain TWO pounds in ONE day. So I am only allowed to weigh in on one day - Friday.
Weekends will be the hardest for me because we eat out so much more often on weekends and I am more likely to make bad choices. I'll really have to watch it. I am trying to challenge myself to one full month of good eating that includes weekends! I'm hoping by then, it won't be that hard and it will just be "normal" eating. And I don't eat that much bad food, but I do eat a lot of bad fats and don't eat enough veggies and fruits so we'll be adding more of those in as well. I did pretty good last week- until the weekend...
Now I'm just rambling and feel like all I'm typing is blah blah blah.
So I'm off to eat some Kashi cereal! I love fiber!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you should check out the book Eat This Not That, they have several different ones and even one for kids, alot of it is common sense, but it is very interesting. I go shopping with it :)
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Oh and Good for you!!

Basha's Mama said...

Here's a good site for starting a running program: http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-380-381-386-9397-0,00.html. I know for myself I just made progress over each week and slowly went from 1 mile to 2.5 miles. It probably took 3 months before I could do 3 miles and then I was stuck there for a while. But I really do love running now and I never ever did before.