19 February 2008

Shelf Liner is GREAT!!

We have all been unpacking and getting things organized. There are even a few rooms that have been declared box free! Yay!! But there are also rooms, such as the master bedroom, that are NOT box free in fact the amount of boxes and stuff in there increased. Oh well we'll tackle that one last.

During the unpacking I have broken down and used shelf liner. I am not a big fan of shelf liner, I think it's kind of overkill. When we moved into our other house, I think like 5 people asked me if I was going to line the shelves. My answer was always the same: No. I just don't like the stuff, it's a pain to put in and I just never saw the purpose in what was brand new cabinets.

Now ,I don't mind scuff marks and what not throughout the closets as long as WE were the ones who made them. I don't like living in some else's scuff marks. I admit this makes me sound like a snob and to be honest with you I really don't care. I like new stuff, I think I am made for new construction. I like fresh paint and I like new carpet. Don't get me wrong I really like our house. It's nice to have a one level and the layout is great, the paint colors are nice and go with our stuff. The kitchen is wonderful and huge with lots of nice cabinets. I really like the kitchen and I like the fact the kitchen and the family rooms are basically all one room. I like the backyard and it has a pool. The kids have a play room and our master bedroom is GIANT. But the carpet is gross to me and I have covered the shelves with liner in the linen closet, the kids rooms and my dad painted the pantry with a nice new coat of paint.
Maybe it's my new new house nesting that I'm dealing with, I need a way to make it feel like "mine". That seems like a normal feeling I would think.

Now that I've lined 3 closets I am quite a pro. They look pretty good and thank God for that magic eraser. I've erased the former owners scuff marks to prepare to make our own!

Now I'm off to call a carpet cleaner and then maybe the former tenants will really be all gone...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone arrived in Phoenix safe and sound. It makes us sad that we won't get to see those sweet grandbabies as often. We will have to get busy and find a time to get out there and visit.
Love and hugs to everyone.
Doc and Momma Gail

Anonymous said...

This is turning into a real 'chick' blog. Let's here about Leonard & The G-Man a little more.

Danielle said...

anonymous (the second one) - considering I am a chick and this is my blog you'll get those kinds of post.
Leo and Little Man will get their time...

Anonymous said...

Well, OK then. Let's just make sure they do. Maybe a guest post now and then?

Anonymous said...

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the looting started.