13 October 2008

Pumpkin Party Fun

First I know you are not reading this exactly as I am typing, but I wanted to note that the glorious temperature reading (in the weather thingie to the right) right now is 46. Yes 46 glorious degrees. I love the number 46...
But I digress.

We had an absolutely awesome time at the local farm's pumpkin party. It was by far the best pumpkin patch we have been to yet. It was also the most expensive for admission but it was well worth it. The kids got to ride on their first midway type rides. They were so excited. You could just feel the excitement brewing in them. It was a joy to see. They rode an antique carousel as well.
The bumble bee ride (basically bees that go around in a circle but also go up and down) Leo and I got to ride with them, but the airplanes they got to ride by themselves. Sweet Girl thought she was big stuff and they had a blast.

Then we took the train ride and it was the "spooky" train ride. Sweet Girl loved this part. I think she likes being scared. She will be a good companion for Leo to take to the Haunted Houses. Because I DETEST them. I will NOT go to one all. The spooky train ride consisted of people running up from the darkness and screaming at you, and then we went through the orchards and of course more screaming people. It was pretty fun.

We ended the evening by roasting some marshmallows on an open pit. This was both yummy and warm since the temperature had dropped into the 50's (heaven) and Leo is old so he was pretty cold and was happy to warm up by the fire. Little Man did not want any marshmallows and instead enjoyed the fresh kettle corn (yeah it was YUMMY!).

I missed out on the fresh pumpkin doughnuts, which is probably a good thing. I love pumpkin and love a doughnut so it's best to stay away from them. But they sure sounded good.
It was really great great time.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

you will be glad to know it was a big 82 today during lunch here in Tennessee. LOL See what you are missing.
Sherry